A great combination of flavors turns the humble carrot into something special.
- 3 cups carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free curry powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion for garnish
Directions: Combine the carrot and cilantro in a large bowl and stir so that the cilantro is evenly distributed. In a small bowl, stir together the oil, lemon juice, curry powder and pepper. Pour this mixture over the carrots and stir to blend. Sprinkle the grated onion over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand for at least 1/2 an hour before serving.