Tomatoes served with fresh mozzarella and basil are a great Italian tradition.
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes cut into 1/4- inch slices
- 1 large ball fresh unsalted mozzarella, sliced thin about a pound
- 1 bunch fresh basil, washed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar as needed
- olive oil as needed
Directions: Place four plates on a table. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil on each plate, followed by 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Place a slice of the cheese on each plate, then a basil leaf and then a slice of tomato. Repeat this process until all the cheese and tomatoes are gone. Top each plate with another small drizzle of oil and vinegar season with pepper and serve.